We are passionate about South Africa! We’re a Proudly South African company and we celebrate the diversity we have in our people. Because we love SA so much at Alusani® we work hard to make it better. That is why we are committed to the following projects:
We thought about calling this section ‘Corporate Social Responsibility’ like most corporate companies do. But we aren’t your typical corporate company and at Alusani Skills & Training Network® we believe in giving something back!
Cluny Animal Trust
In 2018 the National Lottery made a terrible decision (in our opinion) to stop supporting any animal welfare charities as Lottery beneficiaries for the foreseeable future. Shocked by this decision, the team at Alusani® has decided to focus all our charitable efforts purely on supporting animal welfare initiatives and this was how we selected the Cluny Animal Trust.
About the Cluny Animal Trust
The Cluny Animal Trust is an independent, non-profit veterinary welfare organisation established in 2011 primarily to serve the needs of animals owned by impoverished residents of the eastern Free State and further afield.
Veterinary care even at a basic primary level is expensive. So, the Cluny Animal Trust relies on donors…like you…to help them make a difference!
Your donation, however big or small will really go a long way and help them to provide much needed veterinary care and the truth is, what they do just isn’t possible without your help!
- End the needless suffering of animals by providing veterinary treatment
- Educate owners in proper animal care, feeding and preventive treatment
- They run an independent, small animal hospital as well as a mobile clinic
- Sterilise animals to prevent unwanted litters
If you would like to find out a little bit more about the Cluny Animal Trust and how you can support and help them then please click here to visit their website.
Alusani Skills & Training Network® Proud Sponsors of the 2017 Women in Construction Awards – Total Value of Sponsorship R96,000.00
While women have more opportunities in the construction, engineering and allied industries than ever before, the reality is that there continue to be challenges to the achievement of equality in the workplace and on building sites across the country and throughout Africa.
Women have unlimited potential when it comes to what they can achieve. All it takes is the right attitude, the right plan, the right opportunities and the right tools. At Alusani Skills & Training Network® we believe that our training courses do just that. Our CPD-accredited training courses are specially designed to give women powerful information and profound insights that will make a lasting and positive impact on your life and your career.
Our aim is to help women from all walks of life to pursue, establish and sustain successful careers in the construction, engineering and allied industries. It is because of this passion for helping women that this year we decided that for our enterprise development spend we would sponsor training for all of the winners of the Women in Construction Awards.
It has been a fantastic collaboration working with the team from the Women in Construction Awards. Congrats to all of the winners! We can’t wait to meet all of you at our future training courses.
If this story has inspired you and you would like to find out more about our women-focused or construction and engineering courses please click here.
|Public Course Training Schedule||Onsite Training Solution|
- Women in Architecture Award – Sponsored by South African Institute of Architects : Karuni Naidoo, Director/ Pr Architect CNN Architects
- Pioneer of Innovation Award – Sponsored by National Home Builders Registration Council : Riefqah Abrahams, Director / Pr.Architect Archi Cape Town
- Woman in Media and Communications Excellence : Mapule Mphaki, Marketing & Media Director, Growing Up Africa
- Woman in Concrete: Lifetime Achievement Award – Sponsored by Standard Bank : Deborah Terhune, Director, Growing Up Africa
- New Starter of the Year Award (Under 30 years) : Halima Simtitu, Graduate Engineer, National Housing Corporation, Tanzania
- Young Entrepreneur / Rising Star Award (Under 40 years) : Bianca Shakinovsky, CEO, Pentafloor (Pty) Ltd
- Most Innovative Women Training Programme : Robus Engineering Training Services (Pty) Ltd
- Excellence in Career Development : NHBRC Women Empowerment Programme
Alusani Skills & Training Network® Proud Sponsors of the 2016 Women in Construction Awards – Total Value of Sponsorship R62 000
- Pioneer of Innovation: Noluthando Molao, Associate Director, Turner & Townsend, South Africa
- New Starter of The Year: Etheldreder Koppa, Assistant Project Manager, National Housing Corporation, Tanzania
Excellence in Career Development: Thobile Bhembe, Junior Site Agent, Inyatsi Construction Group Holdings (Pty) Ltd, Swaziland
- Most Innovative Women Training Programme: Ingrid Brown, Project Leader, The City of Cape Town’s Transport Authority, South Africa Excellence in Career Development Award – Rahdia Khatieb-Parker, Director, Archi, South Africa
|Public Course Training Schedule||Onsite Training Solution|
The Keiskamma Trust
Being a 100% woman-owned company with a staff compliment predominantly made up of hard-working mothers, we decided that a not-for-profit organisation which focused on the needs of children would be appropriate. All we can say is wow…it was quite hard and a really tough job to choose from the many worthy applications that we received. But we decided that in order for our investment to make a meaningful difference in the lives of underprivileged children we needed to choose an organisation that had a clearly defined goal but that also had achieved some measurable results.
Using this set of criteria it was then relatively easy to make the final decision and this is how we decided on The Keiskamma Trust which is a truly unique South African not-for-profit organisation.
Dedicated to the holistic care of the communities that live in the area alongside the Keiskamma River; they combine health, art, music and educational initiatives in order to fight against poverty and HIV/AIDS.
We are proud to have been able to assist them to make a difference (even a small one) in the lives of the most vulnerable.
BASA Awards 2012
Alusani® is proud to have been a finalist in the BASA Awards 2012 for our contributions to the Keiskamma Trust in the Small Business Award category which is for vital support given to the arts by a small company with one to two hundred full-time employees and an annual turnover of no more than R10 million.
This was a huge honor and we thank The Keiskamma Trust for nominating us for this award.